Chapter 3: Brand Promotion Examples and Benefits
Your brand identity is as important as the quality of your products and services. Finding loyal customers and generating sales can be challenging without a strong, consistent brand identity, even if you've tried using sponsorship activation ideas.
Your brand identity communicates to consumers who you are, your company values, and your reliability. Building a brand identity takes time and effort and should be a long-term marketing strategy for your company. In this chapter, you'll learn more about brand promotion, its benefits, and how to improve your brand awareness.
What Is Brand Promotion?
Marketing is essential to generate interest and sales while setting you apart from competitors. Brand promotion is a marketing strategy to influence customers to purchase your products or services and become loyal to your brand. However, brand promotion involves marketing your brand rather than your specific products or services. This method of communication aims to persuade, influence, inform, or convince buyers to choose your brand over others by generating interest and increasing awareness.
Branding can help you create a loyal, long-term customer base who will continue purchasing your products and services. If you use brand promotion correctly, your brand can become the first choice for many consumers for specific products or services. You can promote your brand by creating a logo, website, mission statement, and social media accounts. You'll want consistent messaging, customer interactions, and product or service listings. Your customers should be able to rely on your business to find what they want or need.
The Benefits of Brand Promotion
Brand promotion is essential for every business to increase awareness and encourage people to choose your brand over competitors. Some benefits of brand promotion include:
- Branding as a deciding factor in purchases: Your branding often drives consumers to make purchases, especially since people generally purchase products or use services from brands they recognize. A recognizable and unique brand can help you stand out against competitors, making people more likely to choose your brand since they feel more comfortable buying from you than a brand they don't know.
- Creating an identity for your brand: Branding helps you create an identity beyond your products or services. Quality branding can help you become more than just a name to consumers. For example, if you make a brand mission to become eco-conscious and increase sustainability, people will associate you with your mission rather than just your products or services. Having a brand personality outside your sales can help generate interest, especially if your brand mission involves goals your target audience cares about.
- Standing out from competitors: Many brands are trying to get a leg up against competitors in a saturated market. Branding can help you stand out against the competition and make it easier for consumers to find your business in a sea of similar companies. While you may offer similar products or services as other businesses, a unique brand identity and positive reputation can drive consumers to your business over those without quality branding.
- Making your business memorable: Branding helps your business become more memorable and recognizable to consumers. Unique branding helps consumers quickly identify that a product, service, or content belongs to a specific brand. Memorable brands also can spend more of their resources on product or service promotion over brand awareness because consumers already recognize the brand. For example, brands like Pepsi and Nike don't have to get the word out about their brand because most people already know they exist, meaning they can focus more on marketing their products.
- Consistent branding will assist in future marketing efforts: Consistent branding makes it easier to market future products or services. You won't have to worry about creating ways to present your brand or new products. Instead, you can focus on delivering high-quality products, services, content, and experiences that consumers want.
- Building trust with consumers: Strong branding helps reduce or eliminate inconsistencies within your business, which builds credibility and trust. Consumers who trust your brand are more likely to be influenced to purchase your product or service. Trust can also turn into brand loyalty since people will feel connected to your brand, creating loyal returning customers who can spread the word about your business.
- Encouraging word-of-mouth marketing: Loyal customers are more likely to recommend your brand to friends, family, and strangers online. Word-of-mouth is excellent for your business because people are more likely to trust genuine reviews from others than brands themselves. A following of loyal customers can provide free marketing that can help you draw in new customers and increase your revenue.
- Share your company values and build internal morale: Customers are more likely to work with brands that share their values, so it's essential to have a clear, consistent message. For example, suppose your consumer base is eco-conscious. In that case, you can make your brand message about sustainability and showcase how you make sustainable and eco-friendly decisions in your business practices. Branding can also increase internal morale. High-quality and consistent branding makes employees feel like they're working for something big and authentic, making them proud to represent your business.
- Easily introduce new products and services: Good branding makes it easier for your business to introduce new products or services. For starters, having an established brand means you don't have to focus as much on marketing a product since it aligns with your brand message and current goods. There's no need to force the product to fit or create a new brand identity. Launching new products also becomes easier since loyal customers are likely willing and excited to try the new product or service you're offering, helping generate sales and increase revenue.
Essentially, brand promotion is the basis for building your marketing. The easier it is for consumers to recognize and trust your brand, the more likely they are to feel safe purchasing your products or services. Brand promotion should be one of the first marketing strategies you employ until your brand becomes recognizable enough that you can focus more on goods or service promotion.
Examples of Brand Promotion
Brand promotion is often done the same way you market services or products. You have many options for brand promotion, and you can choose the option that works best for you. Consider the type of company you own and how best you can portray your brand. For example, if you own a white-water rafting company, you would want to use exciting imagery, colors, and language to help consumers feel engaged and excited to get involved. Some brand promotion examples you can use to promote your brand identity include:
- Social media: Social media can help you promote your brand image and personality. You can use pictures and videos to capture consumer attention while providing helpful information about your brand, services, or products. For example, if you own a pool cleaning company, you can post before and after images or videos to help people better understand what you offer. Social media can help you market your products and services to consumer demographics you may have been unable to reach before, making it an effective marketing strategy to help you showcase your brand personality and message.
- Advertisements: Advertisements are one of the most traditional methods to promote your brand. You can use various forms of traditional media, including newspapers, magazines, and radio and TV commercials. You can also create advertisements for social media and blogs. Advertisements are convenient and affordable, making them a good choice for brand promotion.
- Content marketing: Another way you can promote your brand is through content marketing. Create content that captures people's attention, such as blog posts or articles that go into depth about a topic related to your brand. Content marketing includes creating online material that can stimulate interest in your brand, products, and services. While not explicitly promoting your products or services, it can still generate buzz for your brand.
- Partnerships: Another way to promote your brand is by partnering with other companies and events to generate interest and build your brand identity. For example, if you sell cosmetics, you can partner with fashion events or businesses and run a station to showcase your brand and increase interest. You'll create an association with other companies or events that meet your brand values, which can help you find new customers.
- Contests: People love having the opportunity to win free things. One effective way to promote your brand is by hosting contests and offering prizes to the winner, whether it's memberships, free items, or an experience. Hosting competitions can help you increase your brand awareness and encourage people to sign up for future marketing opportunities. For example, if you own a pet store, you can host a social media contest where people post a picture of their pet with a unique hashtag, and the one with the most likes could receive a free toy, treat, or pet item. The exact contest you run will depend on your resources and availability.
- Publicity: You can promote your brand using promotion from other forms of media. For example, you can participate in events that receive media coverage, such as local festivals. Media coverage can help you enhance your public image and credibility, drawing new customers to your business. 360° campaigns: You can create a 360° campaign, which uses various forms of marketing to promote your brand. For example, you can use social media, contests, and advertisements to create a multichannel marketing campaign that increases brand awareness and generates sales.
- Promotional products: Another way you can promote your brand is by using promotional products. You can place your logo, message, and contact information on drinkware, bags, apparel, and other items and give them away for free or offer them as prizes at various events. Promotional items can help draw attention to your business and become free advertisements as they're worn or used outside the event.
Promote Your Brand Using Promotional Products
As mentioned above, promotional products are an excellent way to promote your brand. SourcePromo offers various promotional items, including apparel, bags, drinkware, office supplies, and technology. We can help you find the perfect product that matches your brand identity so you can give away these items at your next event or contest.
We also offer various services to help you create the best promotional items possible, including graphic design to ensure your logo and brand messaging communicate what you want. With over 400,000 items available, we can help you find everything you need. Contact us today to learn how you can get started!